As the use of bentonite clay becomes more popular, the number of brands in the market has been growing. Making it difficult to choose. If however, you go by reviews you will find that there is one that stands out – Aztec Secret Indian healing clay. When a product describes itself as the world’s most powerful facial clay it is worth looking into so we did an in-depth review and here is what we were able to find out.
This clay comes from Death Valley in California and it goes through only 1 process – it is sun-dried for up to 6 months in temperatures that go as high as 134F. No chemicals are added to it so it is an all-natural product.
What Does Aztec Secret Do?
Aztec Secret’s healing clay is a powerful deep pore cleanser. It can be used on the face to tighten skin and get rid of blackheads. You can use it to treat oily skin and acne. It can also be used as a clay bath for the whole body, as a foot soak, and also helps with insect bites and many other things.
How Does It Work?
Bentonite clay works by drawing toxins out of the skin. Over time our bodies accumulate toxins from the environment around us. As the levels get higher and higher they affect the appearance of the skin leading to things like acne, pimple, large pores and a tired looking skin.
When you apply Aztec Secret’s clay to your face it draws out all the toxins, including heavy metal toxins. It shrinks the pores and clears the skin giving a much better appearance. The reason why this clay is able to draw out toxins is because it is composed mainly of negative ions while toxins are composed of positive ions. The negative ions “pull” out the positive ions through the skin.
How To Use Aztec Secret As A Facial Mask
To use this product, you need to also buy raw apple cider vinegar. Make sure that it is raw – if it has additives the results will not be the same. Here are the steps to follow:
- You need to have a small plastic bowl (metal reacts to the vinegar) and a plastic spoon as well as a small facial brush.
- Put 1 tablespoon of Indian Healing Clay into the plastic bowl using the plastic spoon. This is enough for a facial but if you want to do your whole body you should measure more.
- Using the same spoon, ladle apple cider vinegar into the clay and start to mix. The product is very fine and lumps easily, so keep stirring – you are looking to get it to the consistency of cake batter. You can add the powder and vinegar as needed to get a smooth paste.
- If you have a sensitive skin you should use equal parts of water and apple cider. Some people say that honey also helps – it leaves the skin feeling more moisturized.
- Cleanse your face of all cosmetics – you should apply the paste to skin that is completely clean.
- Using the brush, apply the paste to your face avoiding the under eye area. The layer should be between ¼ and ½ inches thick.
- Leave it on for between 15 and 20 minutes. If you have sensitive skin, 10 minutes will do. The clay will dray and crack. This is normal. Your face will pulsate as the clay dries – this is how powerful it is.
- Since the clay is so fine it takes some time to wash off. After you have taken it all off, you may notice that the skin is slightly reddish – this is as a result of the pulsating. In order for the toxins to be removed, blood had to rush to the surface. This will disappear in about half an hour.
Pros and Cons
The pros are a much healthier skin, and the only con is that the smell of the clay can be off-putting.
I use Aztec Secret’s bentonite clay once a week and it does a lot for my face. The oily skin I used to have is more or less gone as are the blackheads. I rarely get pimples and when I do, the clay pulls them right to the surface and they heal faster. In short – I recommend Aztec Secret Indian healing clay to anyone who wants to have better skin.